There are a lot of windows IPTV players but here we ‘ll check 8 best IPTV players for windows. In order to use M3U playlist files, you need to use multimedia players that support the M3U file type.
What is M3U playlist ?
M3u playlist can create playlists of your favorite songs, movies, shows, or video clips using the application itself. They are then compiled into a single M3U playlist file, which can also be opened using any text editor because the information compiled in the file is text-based.
Each channel description will have two lines. The first line contains the name of the channel in the playlist and the second line will contain the direct channel address on the server. It should also contain the username and password of the user for proper identification as well as the channel ID for access. Your player will read both lines that correspond to each channel and each name will be displayed on the channel list. A request is sent to the intended server and the player will then send encrypted requests to the server. The received packets will be converted to images on your preferred device and the desired channel will then be displayed.
Here is the list of 8 Best IPTV Apps For Windows 10
1. Free TV Player
Free TV Player is one of the best IPTV players in 2020. It is a free IPTV player for PC that lets you stream online TV channels, series, movies and even listen to Radio.
How to use:
- Open the app
- Paste the m3u playlist URL
2. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the widely acclaimed IPTV players for Windows 10 which doesn’t just let you play your local media but even IPTV contents using m3u files. Follow the path below to live stream IPTC content.
How to use:
- Open VLC media player
- Go to Media
- From the dropdown that opens select Open Network Stream
- Paste m3U playlist
Probably the best IPTV player for Windows, MyIPTV is easily available on Microsoft Store for free and lets you play live TV programs and videos via m3u playlists seamlessly with ease. It has an easy to use interface.
- Go to settings
- Add new playlist and EPG source
- Add local channel list (m3u playlist) or any remote URL
- Go back to “Settings”
- Select channel playlist and hit the refresh button.
4. Simple TV
What makes Simple TV one of the best IPTV players for Windows is the fact that it is a portable player. Which means new entries are not updated on either the Windows registry or even Start menu without your prior approval. With Simple TV, you can customize each entry is displayed on the main window. This makes browsing channels easier.
5. GSE SMART IPTV
This might not be a dedicated IPTV player for Windows. However, as it is great tool app for Android and iOS, you can have it on your Windows PC too. If you are wondering how? You can choose from among several Android emulators. Best choice of preference is Blue Stacks emulator.
How to use:
- Download and launch Blue Stacks emulator and sign in
- Now open Google Play Store, search for GSE SMART IPTV and install it
- Add the playlist and URL
Using IPTV you can stream digital channels from live media sources which are available free of cost across the web.
How to use:
- Launch the app
- Head to the settings option
- Enter your URL
- Load your desired playlist and click on
Now! You can select your desired live channel.
For smart video streaming, Plex is one of the best IPTV players you should definitely consider. It has the capability of transcoding almost any media file so that there is slow loading and less buffering. This indeed adds on to the user experience.
How to use Plex:
- Install Cigaras IPTV channel and under the Online Content head select Channels
- Next up, locate and click on IPTV addon and hover your cursor on Settings (the cog icon) and click on it
- Under View Playlist Settings paste the URL of your IPTV .m3u file and click on the Save button
- Now look into the View playlist section and look for the TV channels or a group of channels available
- Select your desired channel and you are all good to go!
Kodi is one of best IPTV players for Windows is Kodi which is an IPTV player for PC that lets you play local media as well as live digital channels and Videos on Demand (VoD). It is important to note that there are several third-party add-ons available for Kodi but there are certain add-ons which aren’t legal to use. So, you should first go through the add-on thoroughly before you install them on your PC.
How to use Kodi:
To stream content with Kodi:
- After opening the Kodi application, click on “TV or Radio”
- Enter the URL.